A small treasure of comparative materia medica. The aim of this book is to discipline the students in the study of materia medica in a systematic way. Idea is to compare the various aspects of drugs of materia medica like the source, prover, ailments from, diathesis, temperament, constitution.
The salient features of the books are as follows:
1. Drugs frequently asked in the B.H. M. S. and M.D. examinations are included in this work.
2. Drugs are compared keeping in view a fixed systematic format like common name, family prover, constitution, diathesis, temperament, disposition, miasm, thermals, ailments from location, sensation or character of conditions, modalities, accompanying symptoms and clinical conditions where the drugs are useful.
3. The references from the various books are written in front of the symptoms within brackets for the student to have a glance at the sources from which the symptom comes.
4. Important symptoms are highlighted in bold letters.
5. Common symptoms of both the drugs are merged and placed at the beginning of each section.
6. An attempt has been made to place the nature or character of contrasting symptoms exactly opposite each other and should be maintained to preserve the individuality of this book over others in the market.
7. In order to maintain the holistic view of the drugs the general modalities along with the particular modalities, have been included.